Pax Romana Arcana
• Dwarves settled in the mountain ranges within the Roman Empire and are close allies with the Romans based on trade and mutual defense.
• Elves predominately settled in the dense forests of Scandinavia and Central Europe to escape the “human scourge” but the elves of central Europe have since joined the Romans in their war against Attila and his invading hordes.
• Halflings have settled predominately in North Africa in a number of merchant fiefdoms and city-states (some legitimate, some host pirate raiders.) The legitimate city-states are major trading partners with Rome.
• Gnomes fall into two large groups. Forest gnomes hide in reclusive communities deep in the large forests throughout Rome. An urban variant offer their unique skills to various political and criminal groups.
• Half Elves are fully integrated into Roman society and frequently assume bureaucratic or government positions due to their long life spans and diplomatic skills.
• Atlantians are the original refugees from the now sundered continent of Atlantis. Due to their inherently magical natures, even amongst the martial or rogue classes, Atlantians possess long life spans and resistance to disease. A more detailed summary of this race, as well as Half Atlantians, follows later.
• Aasimar, Gensai, and their ilk are found predominately in the Eastern Empire and are frequently high ranking political officials sought out for their unique knowledge.
• Humanoid Monster Races appear throughout the empire branching out from rugged, remote, inhospitable terrain.
• Tieflings were always considered a “monstrous” race on their home continent of Atlantis. After the cataclysm and “Great Migration” to Europe, many fled their servitude to seek out new lands in Africa and Asia. Most that chose to stay within the empires find themselves servants or outlaws.
• Dragonborn On Atlantis, they were the foot soldiers created by the powerful dragons who lived on the continent, and now serve as Attila’s chosen race to lead his invading hordes. A breakaway sect loyal to Rome has settled on the Island of Cyprus, composed of those families enamored of the Roman way of life and anxious to prove their value and loyalty to Rome.